Redcar Running Club commitment to Privacy
- The information we collect about you
- The information provided to us
- How we use your information
- Our legal bases for processing your information
- Finding out what information Redcar Running Club holds about you
- What are cookies? The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them
The website is maintained by Redcar Running Club (RRC). For the purposes of data protection legislation, RRC is the data controller.
Redcar Running Club is the owner of www.redcarrunningclub.co.uk and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website and online forms.
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
The information provided to us
We may be provided with information about you from clubs with which you are registered. That information will include: name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, name of the EA affiliated Clubs with which you are registered and any coaching or officiating licenses that you hold (Athletics Data).
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about Athletics Events.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our websites.
We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
- To create meaningful, actionable analysis that will help us to understand how policy issues and Redcar Running Club are being talked about and to react accordingly.
Our legal bases for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- The use of APIs to provide external software providers with a facility to check and validate data to support administrative processes.
- There is an administration portal where a selected number of staff can access data to help to respond to queries, update data and perform necessary administration activity.
- Providing relevant and necessary information via email, text, post to you about changes to rules and regulation athlete registration, representative teams, competition and events, coach and officiating licenses, road race licensing, courses, CPD events and qualifications.
If you become a member of RRC, we will share your Athletics Data with the following bodies as part of the administration of your involvement in the sport: UK Athletics and Redcar Cricket Club.
We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. If we would like to share your information for any other purpose we will ask for your consent.
When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our products and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt in to any such communications and will tell you how you can opt-out at any time.
If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time either by notifying us or by updating your privacy preferences on our portal.
RRC may also share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection. If we disclose your information, we ask the organisation to demonstrate that the data will assist in the prevention or detection of crime, or that RRC is legally obliged to disclose it. This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with Data Protection Legislation.
Protecting your information
Service and marketing messages
If you are currently receiving service messages or marketing communications from RRC and no longer wish to do so, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Finding out what information RRC holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests.
If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact the RRC’s Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
Redcar Running Club
C/O Redcar Cricket Club
30 Kirkleatham Street
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
After two years after an individual has not played an active part in the sport all information will be anonymised.
What are cookies? The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them.
In this section you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the Redcar Running Club website and how to manage and disable them.
What are cookies?
Automatically collected access information
Essential technical information:
identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
Nonessential technical information:
the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, and the “cookie information” described below.
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
We may use the following types of cookies:
1. Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may wish to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
Can I opt out of cookies?
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit: aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.
Redcar Running Club
C/O Redcar Cricket Club
30 Kirkleatham Street